Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Day of Brainstorming

My brainstorming processes is a bit odd, I admit. I'm happy that Liquid Story Binder has a journal function or else I would have to use a word doc or something like that.

So, first thing I did...

I picked words that were rather random to me.
  1. Unknown (Unseen) - two technically but I added the other.
  2. Security
  3. Birdcages
  4. Mysteries
With those words, I began to build my plot. How I do this is strange to me. I practically have a conversation with myself and ask myself questions. I started with unknown/unseen. The first thing I came up with was fear. Fear of whom or what? Eventually, it connected with security, birdcages, and mysteries. In the end, I decided that my novel is going to be a Cyberpunk novel.

I've never written Cyberpunk before. I've read Cyberpunk. I've watched Cyberpunk-like movies but I've never written it before. So this is new for me. I've done some research on it before but I'll still have to look things up here and there as I write.

Yeah, it's going to be a pain in the ass writing a new genre while overcoming writer's block but I think this will be fun. Maybe I'll do some art along with it. That's a maybe, it isn't for certain. I'm afraid that once I start on the artwork, it will take over the writing...I'll just stick with the writing. Between the first draft and the second draft is when I'll start the artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment