Friday, August 17, 2012

Keeping a Journal

I know several people who keep a journal, and they all do it for different reasons. One of my friends does it because her therapist told her it would help her cope with her issues and it will keep her from harming herself. Another friend does it because she wants to remember every freaking moment of her life. There isn't anything wrong with that. It's just...how can she find all this stuff to write about when we live in such a small town where nothing happens?...She probably gets out more than I do.

Just recently, I started keeping a journal. I find it rather...helpful. I stress out about a lot of things and writing in a journal helps me pull myself together. Journaling helps me vent and helps me relax. Since I started this journal writing, I've been able to sleep better.

Another thin I realized is that I've been able to write easier. That writer's block that I battled for so long is no longer an issue. So, I've decided to keep up with my journal. I don't writing about anything in particular, just whatever comes to my head. Trust me, a lot of weird things come to my head. 

For my journal, I like to use a blank Moleskine or something similar to it. I don't just write in my journal, I sketch or doodle. By using a journal with no lines, I don't feel so restricted. Of course, if there is something really big on my mind I like to type it out so that way I can keep up with my thoughts when writing it down.

I kind of wish I had thought of this before now.

No comments:

Post a Comment