Monday, November 26, 2012

Making a Schedule or Just Finding Time To Write

I'm not sure how many of you have made a daily or weekly schedule just to fit in writing but I've discovered that it really does work. Noted that I've lost sight of the schedule too but I'm forgetful. After making a schedule, I just leave it in my notebook but this time I'm actually going to post it on my wall because I need to remember.

This NaNoWriMo was lacking for me. I know 50k is the goal and that it really isn't that bad but that really wasn't my issue. My issue was my determination to write. Clearly, I wasn't writing anything that I loved and that is where my problem was. So, I need to either scrap the idea of writing Cyberpunk or make it into something that I do like to write. That is something that will have to worked on at a later date. Right now I just want to work on a daily writing schedule.

Sorry for getting side-tracked. It's not a good Monday morning for me.

Mornings always work best for me when it comes to writing. If I want to write anything, it has to start in the morning. My schedule looks something like this. It changes of course but at least I have the basics. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and weekends will probably have more writing and crafting in the schedule but this is just an example.

Monday:

5:30am - Wake up
6:30am - Start writing (yes, it takes me an hour to fully wake up)
8:00am - Breakfast (I need to start eating regularly)
8:30am - Leave for work
9:00am - 5:00pm - Work
6:00pm - 10:00pm - Free time. This includes, writing, reading, art work, anything to do at home.
10:30pm -Sleep

Let's see if I can do this. I have a hard time following a schedule but as long as I get writing in everyday then I achieved my goal. My work schedule isn't the same and let's face it, I sleep in on the days I don't work. So maybe, instead of making a schedule I should just tell myself that I have to write for at least an hour a day.

Hmm...I think finding time to write would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment