Friday, January 11, 2013

Writing Update #1

January Goals

  • Word Count Goal: 21,153/85,000 
  • Finished 1st drafts: 0/1 
  • Books Read: 6/3 
  • Blog Posts (Every Friday): 2/4 
 I just updated my progress meters and I will probably have to do it again tonight before I go to sleep because I'm still writing. Everything is going well with writing. Like I said yesterday, I'm behind. Instead of doing 10k days, I'm cutting it in half to 5k days. It will be easier and I think I'll be able to keep focused until I write 5k.

My novel Sea Foam (temp title) is coming along nicely. I'm actually rather pleased with what I have. There will be some scenes that I'll need to rewrite but I don't think I'll have to go through a huge rewrite like before. Definitely an improvement. Now, I just need to get to the point where my characters meet...It will have to be soon. Probably in the next chapter. I have no idea. I'm going to have to journal to get my muse out of hiding.

I also started two other novels. These ones I probably will work on slowly throughout the year. Doormat Syndrome is a novel that is for my own amusement...kind of. It's based on a lot of real life experiences I had between being a nanny and my dysfunctional family. It's not really a fun-loving story as much as it is a depressing story. My MC is just like me. Doormat Syndrome sucks, just so you know. I had it for some time but I'm getting better since I quit my job. Portland is my last step.

My Untitled novel is that damn romance novel I'm writing for the BOYB challenge on the WriYe forums. I'm taking my dear sweet time with this novel...partically because I have no idea what I'm doing with this. I have some things planned out but not much. I'm trying to create a decent plot for it...I'll probably have to journal about that too.

Hmm...what else. My next blog post will probably be for the WriYe Blogging Circle I joined. I'm just making a note of it here because I'll forget about it. I know I will.

I think my blog needs renovating. I'll probably work on making the headers and icons and whatnot but it won't be finished until later...I wish I paid attention in my AP Comp Sci class. I would have been able to make my blog look just the way I want.

For now, I'll leave you with some music. I was debating on Parachute but I settled on Keane because this song is stuck in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment