Friday, January 18, 2013

Writing Update #2

January Goals

  • Word Count Goal: 44,621/85,000 
  • Finished 1st drafts: 0/1 
  • Books Read: 6/3 
  • Blog Posts (Every Friday): 3/4 
 I'm getting further into Sea Foam but I have a feeling that this novel won't be finished by the end of the month if I don't pick up the pace. I need some sort of encouragement to help me get by. I've been stressed out lately.

*Rant Warning*
My sister is bothering the shit out of me. She's constantly badgering me about money...all of the time. I've never had an issue when it comes to money. She's just in so much debt that she's taking it out on me. I also think I spoiled her for far too long. My sister had gotten used to me paying for rent or making sure we were up on everything but after I quit my good paying job and started this part time job, she's been getting on my ass about everything.

Every time we talk, it's about money or ways we can make more money. Part of the reason why I don't follow through with the plans is because of her constant nagging. I hate nagging. It's one thing if it's my boss doing it but it's a whole different story when it's my sister.

...I'll cut my rant short. Let's just say, that my novel Doormat Syndrome (Temp title) is all about all the things I had gone through from when I was about 15 years old until now. The Doormat Syndrome has faded a bit after quitting my other job but it seems to have made my sister really pissed off.

I just can't bring myself to care. Is that awful? I'm not sure anymore. I know I'm done letting people walk all over me.
*End of Rant*

Anyway, back to my writing progress. I've been doing really well. I did some plotting today for another story, just to get it out of my system and I'm thinking about doing a little more outlining for my novel novel. It took a turn but it should be a good turn. I can work around it.

I have to get started on the blog post for the WriYe Blogging Circle. I'll probably write it tonight just so I can avoid my sister and the annoying sighs she gives me whenever I don't respond the way she wants me to.

Goodness, my head hurts. Maybe some music will help with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment