Sunday, December 16, 2012

Writing Struggles

So, today, I sat down to write, only to struggle on the female POV. I guess I spent too much time writing and thinking in Gerard's POV that doing Talin's became a problem. I did try just g oing with the flow, inserting the POV needed to make the novel go but it was choppy and didn't work well so then I tried just Gerard's POV but really important parts of the plot went missing and there was no way to draw them out without it becoming dialogue. It took away from my novel.

So, I went back to how I originally wrote it. It became and every other chapter sort of thing. It worked really well the first time I wrote it so I think I should stick to it. Actually, I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't have changed much of the first draft anyway. The style worked really well. I just second guess myself...I really need to stop doing that.

I'm actually going to try to stop doing that when I write. I always go back to how I originally planned something. Maybe it's perfectionism.

 Well, anyway, I'll leave you with more music from the band The Lumineers. You should see me listening to this song when I drive...I love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment