Saturday, December 1, 2012

WriYe 2013 rambling

WriYe 2013 is going to begin in a month and I have things that I need to plan. I want to finish Tanghin and the other novels that go along with it...loosely. I also want to get through How To Think Sideways, completely. I've never been able to finish it. I have a really short attention span. That is my main reason. So in 2013 I am going to finish the class completely while I'm writing.

I have yet to decide what I want to aim for. I know that in November,  my goal is to write 300,000 words. And I know I can do it if I keep a steady writing pace. At the very least, I'm going to write 3k a day. I'm going to try to go for 1 million words this year. I sat here looking at my screen for 20 minutes, trying to decide.

It's a goal I try to reach every year and I never make it. I'm always 100,000 words off. I'll get it this year. I will. I'm going to push myself. I'll probably spend half of my time on twitter doing annoying updates every day telling everyone of my progress.

Maybe this year will be dedicated to the Fantasy Genre. It's my favorite to write but I'm going to throw in one novel that will not be Fantasy and I think it will be the last one I write for the year. It will be a rewrite for that general romance novel I wrote two years ago. Nothing smutty. Smut is what I write when I'm freaking out about my word count. I'm going to try to keep away from those as much as possible. I don't want that in my novels.

Oh, and I want to have one complete novel - edited and everything by the end of March. It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me.

For now, I'm signing off and going to write a list of everything that I need to do during 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment