Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Start of a New Novel

I am starting the planning for this novel today (it should have been yesterday). I'm currently seeing a difference between the first novel I planned for November and this novel. That's just with how to go about planning.

Since this is a plot driven novel, rather than a character driven novel (like Nested), I need to approach it differently. I need to start with research on poisons. I'll probably use some of the poisons that I had used during the first draft but I'm going to aim for a few more specific poisons. Tanghin being my main poison. It's what's going to start the novel and will keep reoccuring.

I'm not sure what others I will include but I have my trusty book of poisons with me so it shouldn't be that hard to find one that suits the situation.

This novel will probably not have a mindmap unless I really need one. If I do, it will be small and I'll probably make it on the computer rather than using up my poster board. Instead, after the research, I'll need a sequence board. This isn't like a story board. It's far more general than a story board. I just need to know which order the poisons will go in my novel, etc. These aren't scenes. I guess I'll have to show you in my next post when I take a picture of it.

I will be working on this tonight and tomorrow when I'm not doing last minute babysitting jobs...I seem to be the only one who can do it today. I'm okay with that. I need the money. I need a job.

- Cylee

No comments:

Post a Comment